445 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, California 90071
Before founding Vision Legal, Inc., Ms. Mehr prosecuted high-profile crimes for the Major Crimes unit of the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, worked as an associate for two multinational firms, Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP and Alston & Bird LLP and clerked for the Honorable Paul L. Abrams, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. She has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation in U.S. state and federal courts as well as international tribunals and arbitration. Ms. Mehr focuses her practice on fighting for plaintiffs in employment, civil rights and consumer fraud matters.
Ms. Mehr achieved her law degree from the UCLA School of Law, where she served as Managing Editor for the UCLA Law Review, Research Assistant to Professor of Constitutional Law Adam Winkler and extern for the Honorable Richard A. Paez in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Ms. Mehr earned her B.A., cum laude and with College Honors, from the University of California, at Los Angeles (UCLA).
Ms. Mehr was born in Tehran, Iran and emigrated to America in kindergarten. She grew up in Los Angeles and is an avid fan of the Dodgers and Lakers. Ms. Mehr is an active member of the American Bar Association (ABA), California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and the Women Lawyers of Los Angeles (WLALA).
UCLA School of Law (J.D., 2010)
University of California, at Los Angeles (B.A., cum laude 2006)
State of California
U.S. District Court – Central District of California
U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
U.S. District Court – Eastern District of California
U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Security Associates, Inc., No. 9-cv-9554-GHK (C.D. Cal.) (prepared for trial of certified class action, which ultimately settled for $21 million for on-duty meal break and off-the-clock claims);
- Mistras Group, Inc., No. 3:15-CV-02198-EMC (N.D. Cal.) (settled class action Fair Labor Standards Act and California Labor Code claims for $6,000,000 on behalf of 5,150 Examiners, Technicians, and Inspectors);
- Bergstrom v. Circle K Stores, RIC1206476 (settled class action California Labor Code claims of 7,500 store clerks for $5,000,000);
- Brown v. Sun Delivery, BC570394 (settled misclassification claims of 119 furniture delivery drivers for $380,000);
- Obtained confidential six-figure settlement with pre-litigation demand letter for hospital’s wrongful termination of individual whistleblower;
- Represented publicly-traded VOIP chipset manufacturer and three executives in class action alleging violation of Federal Securities Laws;
- Represented risk management company in the aftermath of shareholder class actions filed by investment advisory and financial planning firms regarding alleged deviations from investment policies set forth in registration statements filed with Securities and Exchange Commission;
- Represented multinational electronics corporation under Sherman Antitrust Act in class action by direct purchaser plaintiffs alleging conspiracy to fix prices;
- Prosecuted high-profile pro bono matter along with ACLU Foundation of Southern California resulting in immediate injunction of California Elec. Code § 5100 (b); coordinated pre-filing settlement by proposing Emergency Regulations to address constitutional defects under the First and Fourteenth Amendments;
- Assisted former California Attorney General John Van de Kamp in his capacity as mediator and arbitrator in several cases including claims under the Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act of 2004 (PAGA).
Co-author, The Standardless Second Amendment, Am. Const. Soc’y L. & Pol’y J (2011).
Languages & Skills
- Fluent in written and spoken Farsi
- Extensive insurance experience, including D&O indemnification, E&O insurance policies, reservations of rights, allocation issues and coverage strategies